What you will find here is a summary of and hyperlinks to the actual law which governs the Industrial Court.
Finding law is not always easy as it can come from a variety of sources, such as Acts of Parliament which apply to the entire UK, or Statutory Rules which apply only to Northern Ireland.
We have attempted to keep our web links as up to date as possible to allow the user to see the most recent additions and changes.
The hyperlinks to the actual legislation lead to two sources: the Office of Public Sector Information and the UK Statute Law Database.(www.legislation.gov.uk)
The Industrial Court's legislation pages will be updated on a regular basis to reflect changes in the law and any changes to the hyperlinks made by the above organisations.
Please note that the Industrial Court cannot be held responsible for the contents of external websites.
List of relevant legislation
- Schedule 1A Collective Bargaining - Recognition
- Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1992
- The Employment Act (Northern Ireland) 2010
- The Industrial Court (Membership) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2011
- Trade Union Recognition (Method of Collective Bargaining) Order (Northern Ireland) 2001
- Recognition and Derecognition Ballots (Qualified Persons) Order (Northern Ireland) 2001
- The Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2005
- The Transnational Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations 1999
- The European Cooperative Society (Involvement of Employees) Regulations 2006
- The Companies (Cross Border Mergers) Regulations 2007
- The European Public Limited-Liability Company (Employee Involvement) (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2009